vineri, 29 mai 2009

The Orange Girl - Jostein Gaarder

I just finished reading another beautiful book by Jostein Gaarder.
My first book was his classic Sophie's World, the tale of a young girl, Sophie, who becomes embroiled in a discussion of philosophy with a faceless correspondent. It wasn't an easy read, but I got hooked on his writing.
And this week thanks to Cotidianul, I read The Orange Girl.
It is the sweet/bitter story of Georg, a fifteen years old boy, who comes upon a letter written to him by his dying father, to be read when he comes of age.
Their two voices make a fascinating dialogue as Georg comes to know the father he can barely remember, then is challenged by him to answer some profound questions.
The central mystery of The Orange Girl is the story of an elusive young woman for whom Georg’s father searches in Oslo and Seville and it has a beautiful twist for Georg to discover.
It is a touching story and I liked it so much, I read it in 2 hours flat, I couldn't put it down!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu