sâmbătă, 4 aprilie 2009

Russe, Bulgaria

I found out yesterday that my brother wants to go to Russe today... and he didn't invite me :((
I was soo upset I didn't sleep well at all. And at 8 o'clock in the morning he calls my mum and invites her to go with him and Dana and Buni to Russe, and not a word about me!!!
So my mum left and I was even more upset because I think everybody knows I'm always ready for a trip anywhere, I just need my passport and my photocamera :)
I decided to watch a russian movie with bulgarian subtitles instead! When I was little I loved the movie and when I was in Ruse last year I bought the dvd but never got the chance to actually see it. It's "A railstation for two" http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0084873/
But as I started watching it, my sister-in-law called me and asked if I needed a special invitation to come with them to Ruse or what? So I packed my camera and in 20 minutes I was at their place :) and off we go!
When the customs officer asked us where we were going and my brother answered we were going to Russe to drink coffee, the officer looked at us like we were crazy!
But we arrived in Russe without any problems and we went straight to a restaurant because we were sooo hungry! And it was only 12.00! It's such and interesting experience to eat in a bulgarian restaurant, because the menues are in romanian (or sort of romanian - I mean do you know what gat de porc is? It's ceafa de porc :). The food is really tasty and quite cheap, the portions are big - it's a pleasure to go to lunch in Ruse - I had a La valetta salad with spinach leaves and grilled vegetables - absolutely delicious!
After a stroll in the city center http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rousse we decided to do a little shoppping at the local supermarket where we were lucky enough to find Wurtze sauce (it's a sort of German soy sauce which you can't find in Romania), and of course we bought the bulgarian milk toffees that my sister-in-law is so fond of...
I think the vendor at the supermarket was a little bit shocked to see our shopping cart - 10 bottles of Wurtze and all the bags of toffees (20 pieces!). Next time when the custom officer asks us where are we going we know the answer - to Russe to buy milk toffees!!!
It was nice weather for a day trip and we also discovered the way to the Danube river, so next time we know where to go for a stroll...

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu