sâmbătă, 14 februarie 2009

Busy, busy, busy

I don't know how it happens, but some days I have nothing to do, just linger around, getting bored by the minute and then some days I don't have time to breathe... but that's not a bad thing :)
I decided this morning to go to Sinaia, to see my castle in the snow, to take some pictures (because I have none with Peles in winter time), so bright and early (well not exactly early - 10 o'clock) I boarded the train to Sinaia. When I arrived there the weather was unbelievable - sunny and warm, like in the spring time... and the snow was ... amazing! I haven't been to Sinaia in winter for the past 10 years at least, and I am really glad that I decided to come today.
My castle was beautiful as a fairy tale castle and the atmosphere brought back loads of memories from my childhood - the bars from my bedroom window were still there (my dad fixed them there so I wasn't able to fall down when I went icicle hunting) - so I called Monica and Raluca to remenice the good old times, but none of them were around, both in Bucharest...
Luckily my brother and his wife, Buni and Mihai were also in Sinaia so I called them up and told them that I was in Sinaia! They were convinced that Anca was with me, but surprise - she wasn't - she decided to come with a later train! At one point we were joking that Vali should come with a later train and my mum should also come - to have the whole family together! Actually I really think I can predict the future - Vali came with a later train :D
If I could only guess the lotto numbers this way...
We decided to eat at Economat, I tried the papanasi and they were verrry good, although Dana said the best ones are in Predeal at Cioplea - I can't cofirm it, I have to go there and try them myself :)
The food was good, the prices were Ok for Sinaia, but the service was... communist at least - I had to wait for my beer for half an hour (the waitress forgot about it), I could have died of thirst!!!
Unfortunatelly I wasn't able to spend the night in Sinaia because I was supposed to go to a club/cocktail bar in the evening with Miki and Rucxandra and the rest of the gang! (now you understand what I said earlier about busy, busy, busy)
Luckily the train arrived in time, and I sweated like crazy till Bucharest - I think they wanted to fry us to death in the train, but I survived - I had a big night ahead!
The club/cocktail bar is called Interbelic and it's quite nice - of course it was full, because of St. Ballantine's but we made a reservation for a table of 8, although we were 12!
What can I say, I drank only 2 cocktails (a Swimmingpool and a Bull Frog) but I sampled at least 15! It was sooo funny to see how everybody was trying to taste the different cocktails. The music was also nice, we actually danced at one point! I know, it's a first this year - hopefully I will go dancing again soon, so I won't feel like a grandmother!
We stayed till 2 o'clock and we had a great time! Who wants to drink cocktails and listen to good music should go there http://www.interbelic.ro/

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu