joi, 27 august 2009

August 27th

I received an email, like many friends of mine, about the 27th of August - the date when Mars is as big as the Moon and the closest to the Earth...
Of course I started to surf the net for details and I found out that it was an email hoax, because this happened on 27th of August... 2003!!!
But I found out some interesting things about this date on the Wikipedia site:
- in 1916 Romania declares war against Austria-Hungary, entering World War I as one of the Allied nations
- in 1961 the fashion designer Tom Ford is born.
- in 1979 an IRA bobm kills admiral Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma and 3 others while they are boating on holiday in Sligo, Republic of Ireland. Another bomb near Warrenpoint, Northern Ireland kills 18 British soldiers.
- in 1985 the little Picasso - Alexandra Nechita is born.
And also is the National Day of Moldavian Republic.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu