duminică, 30 august 2009

Apple and walnut jam

Considering the fact that today is St. Alexander (Happy birthday to all Alexanders, saints or not :P) I decided to make a dessert to celebrate the occasion. Because I had loads of apples (and I'm not a fan of fruits in general) the chosen recipe was Apple and walnut jam.
From now on I will try to post all my recipes in English so my friends from abroad can try them if they are tempted :P
So here it goes:

450 gr apples without skin, 50 gr butter, 85 gr brown sugar, juice and rind from a lemon, 1 tablespoon cognac or rum, 100 gr walnuts

Cut the apples in small cubes. In a large saucepan melt the butter. Add the apples, sugar, juice and lemon rind. Mix it well, cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the lid, add the nuts and keep on the stove for another 5 minutes or till the syrup has evaporated. Add the cognac and serve warm.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu